Friday, June 15, 2007

Summer...Turns me Upside down..

Welp Graduation was yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that although the kids where thrilled, they weren't as happy as *I* was that this school year is over. I've been really stressed out lately, and am terribly pleased I got through the year without throttling anyone.
On 6/13 we had a memorial-type service for Elizabeth. It was quite lovely really, it never ceases to amaze me how many folks she touched in her brief life...It also amazes me to know she never quite understood how Lovely she truly was... I don't know if it's a society problem or whatever, it seems that folks can never accept the fact that some of them are pretty wonderful beautiful people...It's odd I suppose. I mean hey, I'm OK I guess but Liz really really Rocked. It's pretty shocking she managed to find any time to hang out here at ALL with all the other things she did..
I'll always miss her...

Onto happier notes!
I'm leaving for Florida in about um...2.5 hours. We're driving. I know it seems like a bit of a hike, but honestly it's only 16 hours and if the company's good (and it should be...) The drive can be seen as sorta its own little vacation, and a good chance to have some good chat time, and enjoy some crappy food with a friend or loved one. I'm looking forward to the whole trip (OK the part of 95 around DC kinda sucks..) and I'm hoping that for a change I can have a most excellent vacation and come back next week feeling vaguely human.
City of Heroes progresses well, even though my video card died. I'm on an emergency back up card for now, and will get a better card once I get back from Fla..depending on how much I spend on the trip I suppose.
I'm trying to decide what to do for my b-day in August. It is as anyone who reads this regularly, a bit of a tough time for me...I really kinda hate all it represents in some ways, but on the other hand I always at least take the day off,etc...
Hey, I never said I was reasonable ....
I'd thought about an Alaskan cruise but with Jen up for Tenure there isn't enough time to take the 10 days or so to go to Seattle and then the 7 nite cruise...its really a shame, I decided it was doable financially and she told me 'no time'.....
Ah well, next year is another year eh?
Hope All's well with y'all. I know I don't update much but well...I don't really have a lot to say these days I guess. Until today I was just trying to get through the days. Hopefully the next several weeks will be an improvement. I'm Hopin :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've gotta tell you, I was also touched and in awe of all of things that she managed to do and excel at. I have no idea how she found the time to do even half the things she did, in addition to school, etc. I feel like there were so many sides to her, but also almost as though she let them all shine through. She could relate to absolutely anyone. What an incredible person she was (I can't believe it's WAS), for a person of any age. I, too, will always miss her.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home