Monday, December 11, 2006

On Death....

I went to her wake yesterday. Hundreds of people where there, a grim reunion of sorts. It seems that only weddings and funerals can gather this kind of turnout for folks.
I looked down on her body and realised that she was...unrecognisable.
This was not Elizabeth.
I then remembered, I've gone to a few (OK too many) Funerals and wakes, I've looked into the box and said the same thing....
I have NO faith. I do not believe in god or the devil or the afterlife or anything, however whenever I see someone in one of those boxes, enough of me realises that something that made
that person THAT PERSON is GONE... I don't know, if it's the 'spark of life' or whatever, The person I cared for no longer resides in this body, and I'm sorry to sound a little trite about this but 'This is only an empty shell'. That person Lives On in all of us, they live in our hearts and our minds, not in some empty shell of a body.
I'd like to think she's gone onto another place, a happier place. I'd like to believe there IS a happier place for her to go and then when my time comes, I'll see her there again.

...I see a lot of folks are hitting my page lately, Please share your thoughts and comments about Liz. I think it would be nice if we could all share our thoughts and memories of her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Markert said...

Dear Fuzzy,

I am grateful for all your observations about Elizabeth. It was good to meet you in person at the June 13 event. I want her memory to keep alive in all of us who knew what her spirit meant.

Patty Aakre

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home