Saturday, June 25, 2005

Well I do THIS often......

Ah I see its been a few months..
Ok It's been like 7 months...What's your point?
I Generally don't write unless I'm a bit down or something, amazingly
it's been awhile since I've felt like this and had the time (and remembered HOW) to
write here.. So I want to get this 'out there' Right now, because you never ever know if
you're going to ever get the chance......

Thank You all for being a part of my life.....
I could not wake up tomorrow...I want you all (any? Anyone read this... Not that I've told anyone it exists....) To know, I treasure every moment I've gotten to spend with you folks..As some people are painfully aware, my friends are very important to me, and I often have no idea what I'd have done without you.

Now...Onto the reason of 'no sleep' tonight....
I don't believe in an after 'anything' and it saddens and scares the hell out of me.
I'm dead positive that when we die we simply cease to exist. This makes me sad. It makes me sad For me, it makes me sad because I think of all the incredible wonderful people who have added incredible wonderful things into this thing we call life...And they're gone.
Oh sure, 'they live on in us'
Excuse me for being cynical, but they're still GONE.
Jim Henson no longer creates, Freddy mercury no longer sings, Jimmy Hendrix no longer plays... My grandfather is no longer around to talk with and watch TV with and raid the fridge with at all hours of the night...

I have several friends who have lost Both their parents....I don't know how they manage to get up and function. Some would say they have no choice... There's Always a choice.

Am I choosing to kill myself by overeating?

We All Die.

I guess part of the trick is, to live as much as we can between now and then....
I enjoy eating.
I LOVE eating...If I die 10 years earlier, but happier is it worth it? I don't think so, but often I find myself unmotivated to do the walking, and to not put aside that snacky-cake....

I think I am a good person. I'm not a GREAT person, or a wonderful person.. But I think I'm a good one. I try to leave more good then bad in the world, I try to treat people as I'd like to be treated.. I am still occasionally amazed at the amount of understanding and patience some people have.. It Boggles my mind.. Does the little good I do help?
I suppose. Is it WORTH IT?
I see/hear stories of people who do some things I feel are just wrong... I'm not talking about the BIG sins really... People who drive on the shoulder during heavy traffic, people who do stuff that seems 'victimless' in some ways, and they get away with it....They get what THEY want....
Does Karma Exist?
I'm afraid I don't believe in THAT either...
So why be 'nice' ?
I guess my hope is that....If I'm nice, maybe some of that 'nice' will spread around and eventually work its way to lots of people, maybe even me...And life will be better for everyone?
Does it work?
I donno.
Horrible things still happen. People still do horrible terrible things to each other.
I don't think me saying 'Thank you, have a great day' to the person in the toll plaza saved any lives.

*sigh*

I guess I'll put my picture up now. I've got a couple someplace.

G'night (g'morning) folks, Have a great day, thanks for visiting......


did that make anyone feel better? Let me know....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are still missing something I keep telling you about but told you I would quit telling you about. (Was that subtile enough?)

As for an afterlife, I believe there IS heaven and there really IS hell. I know...I preach a lot; but when you make God an active part of your life, you can't help that. I can deal with deaths of family members because I *know* those people in particular knew God in their lives and had accepted his gift of eternal life (I know, preach preach preach). I will see my Dad again...and my Grandparents, etc....I also know all the things that pained them in this earth are gone....This world is not MY home, so I have peace that these troubles are all temporary.

I know you told me you just can't believe.......but hey, what if I am right and you are wrong? If YOU are right and there is no afterlife, no big deal for me. If you are wrong and you have chosen to look the other direction when God does call ya, um....well, you are kind of screwed.

I know I can preach every minute for a year and it won't make you believe.....but hey, I try because I love you, and God does too.

I can't explain why people do bad things.....except that they let Satan get a foothold in their lives. SIN is what makes things go bad in this world. That has *always* been the case. As for why people (and kids) die young, I don't know.....it is nobody's punishment or anything like that; but I do believe that everything we do in this world and that happens, happens that way for a reason. Sometimes we screw things up and it actually ends up bettering us or someone else....but it comforts me to know that God is in control.

Be cynical.....be cautious....be skeptical.....(and be unhappy as a result) but in the end there is only one truth--not what people have decided is truth. Does that make sense??

I have been through a lot of *stuff* in my short life...but God has NEVER left my side. It is when I leave his I get into trouble. Those are the times I am unhappy and feeling empty.

I will shut up now :)))

Mary

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home